If you are going to the trouble of having a sign made, it would make sense to check the spelling. It seems strange to me that a shop would not know it’s own address. It’s “Mega amusing” that they got it wrong!
Yes, things are getting worse. Click on the picture to enlarge.
For the record, the road is “Pollokshaws Road” — no “C” — after Pollok house, Pollok Park, Pollok Estate, Pollokshields and so forth.
Maybe the people behind the removal of Shawlands are also behind the new spelling of adjacent areas.
More spelling related treats from this site…
- Tesco Takes The Cake (15 June 2007);
- How Queeeer! (25 August 2007);
- A Spell Round The Shops (2 September 2007);
- Train-nerds (27 November 2007);
- Glasgow Shop’s Apostrophic Grammar! (5 December 2007);
- Under The Spell (30 May 2008);
- John The Dots! (9 June 2008).